View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: 15 Games You All Will Probably Get (in 2013)

You know, I have pretty specific taste in games, and it'd probably be considered pretty old fashioned.

Basically, I don't really care for First Person Games. There are plenty that I like the concept. I do like adventure, and exploration, and frequently those games are best for that. I also like a lot of elements of RPG, like levelling up and upgrading equipment, but I so don't care for FP that I often pass games I'd like. I played Skyrim last year for example, but did it in the altered 3rd person view.

I also don't play much online. I do very much enjoy being online. I like trophy collecting. I like seeing global rankings. I have enjoyed a few co-op online experiences, mainly Red Dead and Uncharted. But the competitive online I just can't get into (maybe because most of them are FPSs, who knows).

And for much of this generation, those games were what was out there. But looking at this list, it feels like there are a lot more games in my wheelhouse, which is odd. A lot more narrative based, third person, single player designed, action/adventure, open world type stuff that I really dig. Could be a busy gaming year for me.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote