View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

Default Re: Trade Rumour - Raps and Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Bargnani has no potential left. That word needs to never be used again when it comes to Bargnani. He is what he is. He's been the same player for 3years now. A inefficient volume scorer who is basically a negative on the floor when his jump shot is not going in. Unless it's a high school player, what a player does in his 3rd or 4th year is typically what you're going to see going forward.

And isn't the average "prime" for an NBA player generally in the 24-28 age range? Bargnani is right in the middle of his prime. 27 is not "young" in NBA terms.

Sure Bargnani might be around longer in the NBA due to the age gap between him an Gasol. If I'm a team wanting to win a championship in the near future, I'll take a declining Gasol for the next 2-3 years than what Bargnani has been giving the Raptors.

I agree with pretty much everything you said... hes a liability when hes not scoring and has been disappointing for years...especially as a top pick... but last year he was going OFF before the injury... thats where my little hope for him is coming from... he will blossom under a new system, seems like almost every Raptor that leaves, usually does.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote