View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #207
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

this loss to GSW bothers me more than the losses to the heat and OKC. i still don't think the nets are a championship-level team, but they've shown that their ceiling is higher than this. even without lopez.

still not sure why they didn't foul with ~20 seconds left, down seven. yes, it was a long-shot, but it's weird to not even try.

one thing that's annoying about having all these star-level players is that i keep thinking that they'll have a good shooting night as a group and absolutely smoke some teams. instead, it's the usual deal- a couple (johnson and blatch) have good scoring nights and the others (hump, d-will and crash) make sure to balance it out by being lousy as a group.

also missing is the feeling of that absolute will to victory that better players usually have, be it by scoring or making things happen (ala kidd). i'm probably being unfair in that, and no doubt they're still getting used to playing with each other, but they did set the bar pretty high to start the season... at least, winning-wise.