View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #1612
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
That we would've beaten Kansas State.
No, it doesn't, because the game hasn't actually been played. I can sit here and say team A would've beaten team B all I want based on how they looked this season. Still doesn't make it credible or fact.

And that Baylor wouldn't have been a challenge for us this year because yes, we were 6-6 (bad) and still railed them last year. We ware a much better team this year. How do you not follow?
I do follow. You're using a lot of hypotheticals and a game from last year to say, with certainty, A&M would've won the Big 12 this year.

Sorry. I can certainly say that A&M would've finished top of the Big 12.
You can say it all you want. Doesn't mean it's true.

First it was, "You won't compete in the SEC." Now it's "You won't compete in the Big 12."
I said that at the beginning of the year, but I said I didn't think they'd come in and compete at this high of a level right away. I was wrong. I also said and thought A&M had the potential to be a very good SEC team. They've got the tradition, facilities, and recruiting base to be a power. Better than anyone else in the West other than Alabama and LSU.

Sure we didn't for a large portion but now we have a great coach and a great QB. Yeah...those past 10 years don't really matter. And look at our recruiting for next year. Going to the SEC is (so far) the best move A&M football has made.
I've never denied that. I've always felt like A&M was one of the biggest sleeping giants in college football. They've just been so mediocre for so long, I was beginning to have doubts. Sumlin seems like the right/perfect fit, so they finally may have the right coach to take them to their full potential.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-08-2012 at 11:34 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote