View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #1612
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
That we would've beaten Kansas State.
No, it doesn't, because the game hasn't actually been played. I can sit here and say team A would've beaten team B all I want based on how they looked this season. Still doesn't make it credible or fact.

Quote:
And that Baylor wouldn't have been a challenge for us this year because yes, we were 6-6 (bad) and still railed them last year. We ware a much better team this year. How do you not follow?
I do follow. You're using a lot of hypotheticals and a game from last year to say, with certainty, A&M would've won the Big 12 this year.

Quote:
Sorry. I can certainly say that A&M would've finished top of the Big 12.
You can say it all you want. Doesn't mean it's true.

Quote:
First it was, "You won't compete in the SEC." Now it's "You won't compete in the Big 12."
I said that at the beginning of the year, but I said I didn't think they'd come in and compete at this high of a level right away. I was wrong. I also said and thought A&M had the potential to be a very good SEC team. They've got the tradition, facilities, and recruiting base to be a power. Better than anyone else in the West other than Alabama and LSU.

Quote:
Sure we didn't for a large portion but now we have a great coach and a great QB. Yeah...those past 10 years don't really matter. And look at our recruiting for next year. Going to the SEC is (so far) the best move A&M football has made.
I've never denied that. I've always felt like A&M was one of the biggest sleeping giants in college football. They've just been so mediocre for so long, I was beginning to have doubts. Sumlin seems like the right/perfect fit, so they finally may have the right coach to take them to their full potential.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-08-2012 at 10:34 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote