View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Default Kevin Durant talks about modeling his game after Larry Bird

Interesting and never saw this posted two days ago when it came out. I think it's a brilliant idea for his skillset and very few if any star players I remember have come out and said they modeled their game after the awesome Larry Legend. Surprised more people aren't realizing just how great of a season Durant is having. Clear MVP right now in my book.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ility/1748853/

"Larry Bird is a guy I like watching," Durant said. "I watch film on him all the time. I like his approach to the game when he was playing. When I first started playing the game, my Godfather Taras Brown who taught me how to play he always was a Larry Bird guy, always used to look up his stats."

Durant wants to have a Bird-like season in which he shoots 50 percent from the field, 40 percent from three and 90 percent from the free throw line.

"So of course as I got older and started to watch NBATV, Legends games, and of course you here the stories about the rivalries with him and the Lakers and him and Magic, so I like his competitiveness, how low-maintenance he was, how he just went out there and did his job. He played hard. He played for the love of the game, and that's what I've got."
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote