View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
ThaRegul8r
National High School Star

ThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why didn't Bill Russell win the 1964 MVP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
I unfortunately did research it long time ago, i love facts, dont worry...

If you did the research, you wouldn't have made a false statement in the first place.

But then again, I realize this is the internet, where no one can just admit when they made a mistake.

Quote:
Out of the 57 MVP winners, 55-56 won them having a top 1-4 team record, even those who won it having a 4th best team record were extremly few....

Only 1-2 players have actually won the MVP having worse team record than top 4 best, Michael Jordan 1987-88 (#5 best team record) and most notably Kareem Abdul Jabbar 1975-76 (#8 best team record).... I didnt count them because they were 1-2 very very very very rare MVP runs (especially Kareem)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
Quote:
If you look back at all MVP winners in NBA history they had 2 things incommon:

1. They all had one of the 2-4 best team records in the NBA, team success is #1 MVP criteria, no player with worse team record than top 4 has ever won the MVP

This is factually untrue, which tends to invalidate the rest for me when a blatantly false statement is made which could easily have been looked up on basketball-reference for confirmation.

"All" means "all." 57 out of 57. Anything less is not "all." "Only 1-2 players have actually won the MVP having worse team record than top 4 best" is not "no player with worse team record than top 4 has ever won the MVP." No amount of rationalization to save face changes that, and it's ridiculous that one was even attempted rather than a simple, "I was mistaken."

But I don't care to continue this, as it's obviously pointless.
ThaRegul8r is offline   Reply With Quote