View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why didn't Bill Russell win the 1964 MVP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
If you did the research, you wouldn't have made a false statement in the first place.

But then again, I realize this is the internet, where no one can just admit when they made a mistake.

"All" means "all." 57 out of 57. Anything less is not "all." "Only 1-2 players have actually won the MVP having worse team record than top 4 best" is not "no player with worse team record than top 4 has ever won the MVP." No amount of rationalization to save face changes that, and it's ridiculous that one was even attempted rather than a simple, "I was mistaken."

But I don't care to continue this, as it's obviously pointless.

Sure, but i did not make a mistake (except for not explaining myself in the first post).... i meant that hypothetically, i explained to you why i said "all" or that no player with worse team record than top 4 has ever won the MVP as hypothetically it is true if you take a look above.....

Yes its technically not "all", but at the same time it is "all" hypothetically based on the huge majority of those players (almost 98% to be exact)... Out of the 57 MVP winners almost 56 had a top 4 team record, 49 had a top 2 record... only 1 had a notably worse record than top 4... and that was a very rare scenario where the team record was able to be overlooked for obvious reasons... a scenario that i doubt will ever be duplicated... and if that didnt happen me and you wouldnt be having this conversation right now unless you count Jordan 1987-88 (3 wins away from #4 best team record).... It is by majority "all" and hypothetically "all".... understand?

If you still dont understand then sure lets agree to call it a "false statement" because technically it indeed is.... but if we agree to that then that means me and you both ignore all context and agree to this statement: "You can win the MVP even if you have the 8th best team record".... which is actually logically incorrect if you look at ~56 out of those 57 MVP winners and consider HOW/WHY that 1 player won it by having only the 8th best team record and how/why nobody else was able to do so (and probably nobody ever will in the future), hence my "false statement" though technically indeed being false is actually more logically correct...

Last edited by pauk : 12-09-2012 at 11:54 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote