View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:24 AM   #5
stevieming
Great young streetballer

Default Re: One of those days

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
Ever since I started playing ball again after like a week and a half off I been killing playing so well. The ball feels good in my hands, crossing over, doing my moves getting to the racks, dunking on the break, and all that everything was good.

Then I hurt my knee (jumper's knee I think it was). I don't think of it as a big deal until I started playing and noticed it was really bothering me and effecting my game.

The problem wasn't just my knee though. The ball just didn't feel right in my hands. I couldn't even catch the dam ball.

My ball handling was suspect and I couln't make any moves. Everybody was wondering what was up with me.

To make matters worse I had to play against one of my rivals who I just want to destroy him every time but this time he got the best of me and now Im so hungry to get back on the court and murk him next time.

I dont get how I went from playing SO well one day to being completely shitty the next. I can understand my knee was injured but not being able to get a good feel for the ball is something else.

Do you guys know what the problem is?

It's the rest of your body compensating, which makes you more uncoordinated. This then has an impact on you mentally, as you become frustrated and puzzled with:

huh, that's a usual move I do, why did it go wrong..

huh, that guy just blew by me, I usually stop him from turning the corner...

I tweaked my knee tendon 3 months ago and was playing on fire before then, after that I still played with that niggle, and it impacted my play a lot. Couldn't hit the J as well, threw bad passes, lost some motivation, over compensating led to a twisted ankle.....

One injury can often lead to another.....
stevieming is offline   Reply With Quote