View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #32
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anyone train combat sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Arnis is filipino 2-stick fighting. It was actually the basis of kali and alot of basic hand movements incorperated with Jeet Kun Do. I was at it for quite a while, even instructed since my insrtuctor was a close family friend. We even instructed the police department in using batons

There it transitioned well into Kenpo relatively well since hand movements were virtually identical. I did that for most of my young adult and even competed and won state for my division.
Does Kenpo incorporate a ground game? The one thing I don't like about Karate is that it has a lot of flash but very ineffective when taken to the ground, which is where a lot of fights tend to go if you're fighting someone with experience.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote