Originally Posted by knickscity
How am i basing it on what we had before, when i specifically said, THIS SQUAD?
Honestly I'm not making him exempt at all, but watch the games.
Look where he is on the court during most defensive sets.
The dude is helping on three different areas of the court on almost every single possession, and on offense just lob it up, you'll get a score 70% of the time and-1 or at the minimum just a foul drawn, and he actually shoots his free throws well for a guy with no jumper.
Is he perfect? Nope, but he sure isn't Javale McGhee out there.
Numbers don't lie......
12 points 10 boards 70% shooting from the field and the line.
And no way am i holding him to the standards of our "superstars", because he isn't one.
The star player gets credit for wins, and losses.
That's like blaming Pablo for a loss.
Tyson is a role player, his pay is irrelevant, even scrub bigs get paid.
But he is one thing Tyson does well, he helps his teams get better, everywhere he has been.
1. I didn't mean YOU specifically
2. If he's playing HELP defense, he should have FAR more blocks than he does.
3. He's not that much better than JaVale McGee
4. Our star players get blamed for the losses but Chandler and Kidd get the credit for the wins. The Nets game...Exhibit A. Melo had 45 points and all people talk about is how well Kidd played. Melo tied for the most points by any player all season!
5. Ok well you know I like numbers. Chandler is 7'1" and has only averaged over 10 rpg TWICE. He averages LESS THAN ONE BLOCK PER GAME! How are you a DPOY and a Defensive Guru at 7'1" but get less than one bpg? It's not like he's taking charges out there.
6. Let's be blount here. His shooting percentage is because he only catches lobs and gets put backs. If anybody gets credit for those it's Felton and Woodson. He's on the receiving end of easy opportunities. Other than Jared Jeffries, who CAN'T make those shots? I bet you JaVale McGee could make those and then some lol
7. His free throw shooting is good now but he started off well last year. We'll see if it remains that way. I hope it doesn because he's a career 63% guy.
8."But he is one thing Tyson does well, he helps his teams get better, everywhere he has been." Sure about that? He made Chicago better? He made Charlotte better?
9."Tyson is a role player, his pay is irrelevant, even scrub bigs get paid." Why is it irrelevant now but all summer you were complaining about how this team is going nowhere because of Melo and Amare's contracts. Melo is worth every penny. Can you say the same for Chandler? I'm just saying be consistent. PPL complained all last year of Melo not playing up to his contract even though, on a bad year, he was like 6th in scoring. Why can't you say the same for Chandler? Why can't you say the same for Novak? That's all I'm saying. Chandler does't get chump change. Chandler gets
big time money.