View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Article: Devin Ebanks gets long look from Mike D'Antoni in loss to Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I just think if you drink during the regular season, then it messes up your conditioning. This tells me that a player doesn't really care. He probably thought he wasn't going to get playing time. The truth is he is an integral part of this team. He produces everytime we put him on the floor whether it is 2 minutes, or 20 minutes. I hope he realizes his value, because he is actually a very good player, and he will earn a lot of money in this league.

His focus just has to be basketball.

Edit: I am not sure if you were with us during this time, but there was an article released about how the lakers went to a party before the playoffs started. a party that involved alcohol. Odom had one glass of wine. Other players didn't drink. A glass of wine is fine. This was the season we beat the magic in the finals. Their focus and motivation was at a high that we will probably never see again with this team. You see why I overreacted?

Yeah....you overrreacted like a typical young fan who has no knowledge about the real lives of pro athletes. Do you really believe the crap about athletes lives that is printed Do you actually think any sports reporter is going to tell what a person is drinking or who they are sleeping with and still have a job???? You have absolutely no idea.
Do you know how many great athletes got drunk the night before big games and played their @sses off? Man, when Magic was playing you could find almost the entire team drinking at the Century Club after games....everyone except Kareem and A.C., did you know that in baseball, the players took amphetamines before games until they were banned in 2006? Bottom line is that players need relaxants to offset the stress and pains of a long season and they do all sorts of stuff that isn't made public......the writers and sportscasters know this very well but it is off limits.
I knew a baseball player who always had his biggest games after drinking until 4am. If you knew how many guys still smoke weed after games....and drank, you'd be shocked. Alcohol drinking has no effect on performance for anyone unless you have a real problem. Don't be such a naive kid.
Metta said he used to drink at halftime....lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote