Thread: Homeland
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #151
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I highly doubt Brody is still a terrorist. First of all, he was about to tell his wife what he almost did and he DID tell his daughter what he did. That doesn't sound like someone that has future plans to do something. That sounds like someone trying to be honest and make things right with his life. Second of all, they've made it a point for it to be Carrie being the only one thinking he's innocent just like she was the only one thinking he's guilty last season. They've also made it a point to show that Carrie is usually correct in her professional life but just an idiot in her personal life. I don't think they're going to make her the one idiot in the world that was wrong about Brody.

I don't know. They kind of layed his behavior out in a way that it could be viewed from either perspective. It was like he coming clean with his family as a means of saying goodbye. But was it a goodbye because he's now become a full time terrorist, or he's expecting to die in an explosion, or is it a goodbye because he intends to move on with Carrie who just understands him more than they will ever be able too. To me it could've been read either way, and I'm positive that was done intentionally.

It would've looked more clear had Brody been the one to call Carrie away, and not the other way around. His "that's weird, someone moved my car." line, was intentionally misleading. Would it have changed things had we not known that info. If the explosion just happened, and then after the fact we learned with Saul that it appeared to come from Brody's car. It was as if that line were placed there to explicitly tell the audience that either there's someone else participating, or that he's trying to convince Carrie that there's someone else participating. Otherwise what's the point.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote