Thread: Homeland
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #155
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
One of the beefs I have with this show is I've never heard of a "reformed" terrorist. I've never heard of a Muslim terrorist that struggles between staying true to his mission and faith over having a normal life with a family. The reason why they are willing to kill themselves over their cause is cause they are so stuck to their beliefs. At least that's what I also thought. Maybe some of you have read or heard differently. But thats why I always thought it was kinda stupid Brody was always so confused about what he wanted. And actually because of that, that could be a reason why he's still a terrorist.
Self doubt is common, particularly when you are fighting two polarizing belief structures. Its not that rare for people to be indoctrinatized yet still fighting off tendencies to do the opposite.. Its the whole basis of the difficulty, that each belief is influencing equally.

It has happened with terrorists, religionists, patriots, and many others.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote