View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Article: Mike Brown says Kobe Bryant made him a better coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I don't think he has the mentality to be a head coach......he has been around the game way too long to understand as little as he does, he doesn't even comprehend most of the basics.......maybe if he lived to be 150 he could be a good coach.....just maybe by then. Seriously, any coach can see this guy doesn't understand the game.

Idiot/Moron is in reference to his basketball I.Q

Well thats a reasonable claim, that you DON'T THINK he has the mentality. We've all been wrong before. Don't you remember an inexperienced man who built an empire that won two championships? That man was Mitch Kuptchak. Everyone wanted his head before. Since the Gasol trade, just that one trade, he didn't ever need to do anything else to be questioned. Yet he delivered again and again. He didn't start off that good. He waited for "it" to come to him.

Brown's defensive schemes are good. It wouldn't take too long to develop a nice offense for himself.

The biggest issue with Brown is not that he doesn't understand the game. Any dedicated fan at the arena level understands the game. You and I understand the game. Everyone into basketball understands the game. However, I mentioned a long time ago that not anyone can be a leader. Not everyone can be influential.
Brown is a hard worker, but he is not influential. He can't command the respect to be a head coach. He also does not know what to do with the gifts given to him. He didn't know how to manage his roster that had too much talent on it. That's what the problem was.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote