View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Non-Gasol Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Not true. Nash is over 40% from 3 in his career. Meeks is at 39% this year, Kobe is at 38% this year, Duhon is at 43% this year, Morris is at 45% this year, and Metta is at 39% this year. We have enough shooters to space the floor and Meeks, Morris, and Bryant have got us covered as far as defending opposing guards.

I just think we either need a better wing defender at the 3 position coming off the bench(remember Metta is our backup 4 now which I love), and another 6'11" athletic defensive-minded backup center.

We need to call up Chris Douglas Roberts from the Dleague by the way.

With the exception of Jodie Meeks, the other players you mentioned are not necessarily "gunners". They do not shoot at will, but rather when the system provides them with the opportunity. If you want a shooter, we should have kept guys like Jason Kapono. Guys who specialize in shooting and making the three pointer.

Duhon, Meeks, Nash, Kobe, and Ron are all relatively good three point shooters, but that is not all what they are about. You need guys that are about shooting (and defending would be nice). i.e. Ray Allen, Mike Miller, and Battier, all on the Miami Heat.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote