View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Article: Mike Brown says Kobe Bryant made him a better coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Well again....I do try not to offend good folks like you who think you know a helluva lot more than they do and will not listen, no matter how much someone else is right well in advance.
Being a very highly successful coach for over 25 years at any level means you are a good coach.....now arguing coaching with someone who knows nothing about coaching is a waste of time that I am no longer going to bother with.
As for my qualifications to discuss NBA coaching....well let's see.....I have discussed players and strategy with some of the greatest minds in the game since the early 1960's, this continues today.....current NBA players, ex-NBA players, current NBA coaches, former coaches, former GMs and other NBA execs. Over time through experience and lengthy discussions about the game I managed to learn a ton about the game, when I talk to guys now we have the same views which are quite often contrary to the stuff being said on here......but I am amused by some of it. When I was young, some of the stuff I thought about, I now laugh about....the difference between the loyal fan brain and the experienced coach brain......I know the difference.
I am still sought out to teach and train players aside from my normal coaching...yes I even have turned down opportunities to work with pros on a regular basis although I have helped. One player, a former Laker who is still in the NBA.....I gave a hell NO to because I think he is who he is and is beyond help.....I don't know why he still has a job, he sucks!!!

Now, I have NEVER questioned your loyalty to the team, you are a great FAN and your rose colored glasses look at the team, coaches and ownership reminds me of myself as a kid.....I do not mean that as an insult.....if you want to think you know more about the game that I do, then please.....have fun with that.

Well without sarcasm, I suppose you're suggesting that everyone on here, myself included, should just ask for perm bans and never post on here again, just because none of us have extensive coaching experience on any level.

On the other hand it seems that every single problem on this team that happens, whether it is a player mindlessly turning a ball over, not boxing out to get a rebound, and a player doing something completely stupid is 100% on the coach and not necessarily the player. You even backed Bynum for shooting a three. A three pointer that was nowhere near going in. One of his very few attempts in his entire 7 year career, and you specifically said "Kobe said he makes those all the time in practice. MB is an idiot for pulling him out of the game." Then when a player does whatever he wants out there, you would fault MB for "not yanking the player out because he's a weak personality". It's all double standards. You even said Bynum was held down by MB, when Bynum had his best season ever under coach MB. Only to find out shortly after when Bynum said that Kobe is the one who stunted his growth. But hey, because I am not a coach, and you are, I am not allowed to open my mouth on a public forum that is made to discuss the game of basketball as a whole. Not just the coaching aspect of the game.

Other than my essay, I am honestly 100% at a loss for words because it just baffles me that you can tweak so many different reasons, leading them back to the coach. When Phil Jackson dies, are the lakers just supposed to stop playing basketball because every other coach in the league is an idiot?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote