View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #13
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Article: Mike Brown says Kobe Bryant made him a better coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well without sarcasm, I suppose you're suggesting that everyone on here, myself included, should just ask for perm bans and never post on here again, just because none of us have extensive coaching experience on any level.

On the other hand it seems that every single problem on this team that happens, whether it is a player mindlessly turning a ball over, not boxing out to get a rebound, and a player doing something completely stupid is 100% on the coach and not necessarily the player. You even backed Bynum for shooting a three. A three pointer that was nowhere near going in. One of his very few attempts in his entire 7 year career, and you specifically said "Kobe said he makes those all the time in practice. MB is an idiot for pulling him out of the game." Then when a player does whatever he wants out there, you would fault MB for "not yanking the player out because he's a weak personality". It's all double standards. You even said Bynum was held down by MB, when Bynum had his best season ever under coach MB. Only to find out shortly after when Bynum said that Kobe is the one who stunted his growth. But hey, because I am not a coach, and you are, I am not allowed to open my mouth on a public forum that is made to discuss the game of basketball as a whole. Not just the coaching aspect of the game.

Other than my essay, I am honestly 100% at a loss for words because it just baffles me that you can tweak so many different reasons, leading them back to the coach. When Phil Jackson dies, are the lakers just supposed to stop playing basketball because every other coach in the league is an idiot?

Don't act like a troll, you know Gdamn well I have never questioned the right of anyone to post their opinion on here be it right or insane.....I know the same is not true for you as great as you have been as a Mod.

Now when someone comes up with a ridiculous lack of understanding of coaching fundamentals, I am likely to comment. If someone insists they know about 80's basketball but are way off in the cornfield with ridiculousness.....again I will at least try to correct them.
Hey, if I went onto a soccer forum, I would have to listen to those who knew more and learn....I sure as hell wouldn't argue with them

There are a lot of coaches in the NBA that I like, even one that I like a lot more than Phil......it pisses me off that we signed the worst 2 available coaches.
I don't understand your rants, you don't seem to be able to understand what I say no matter how detailed I am. With Bynum shooting 3's I told a lengthy story of coaching players in that situation and how it should be handled.
I have explained to you WHY your logic is wrong about comparing stats to the situation....you don't get it.....probably never will. I would suggest you spend time coaching and just maybe it will open your eyes......then maybe you'll be able to identify obvious incompetence like MB or a failed system like 'Antoni....obviously I knew before their first Lakers game what was going to happen.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote