View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Kharpertian: The Nets Pick-and-Roll Defense Has Fallen Apart. (2 large pics)

amidst the slew of links at ND, i had somehow been overlooking these guys.
i don't know when they arrived on the scene, but this was just the kind of stuff
i was hoping for- pics, gifs and video breakdowns on how the nets play. plus
text, of course. always with the text. here's an excerpt:

"The Knicks created so much out of this simple pick-and-roll play, a devastating two-man-that-becomes-five-man game that Brooklyn neither had the ability nor strategy to defend. Joe Johnson noted after the game that it felt akin to "picking your poison;" either you trap Chandler rolling to the rim and give up an open three-pointer, or let Chandler roll and give up the guaranteed deuce.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, below are five thousand words from the above video, in key moments where the Nets made the defensive decision to stop the ball:"

Other than the times when a guard is trailing Chandler, well behind him on his quest to dunk the Nets into oblivion, everyone's watching the man with the ball. The 7-foot, loud, Chandler snuck his way past Brooklyn's defense with ease.

the full article:
http://thebrooklyngame.com/tvd-is-ba...-fallen-apart/
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote