View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bulking Up for Basketball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3B120N J4M35
My arms are pretty small, so i want to get bigger for basketball. I am pretty toned but i want em bigger. so I'm currently doing p90x (only 3 days a week; Chest & Back Monday, Shoulders & Arms Wednesday, Legs & Back Friday whilst trying to eat a lot) removing all the cardio stuff considering im trying to bulk up. is that gonna help? any tips for bulking either?

You could do away with the splits and isolation movements. A program built around the Deadlift, Squat, Overhead Press, and Chin-Up (or any of its variations) will do wonders for you. The easiest thing to remember with regards to training for muscle mass is Time Under Tension. However, I think it should actually be Time Under Maximal/Sub-Maximal Tension. In other words, get a pump... With a heavy weight. Of course, make sure you are lifting with proper form and the weights aren't too heavy for you. Remember though, as an athlete, you also need to get stronger, so you have to add plates to the bar when you can.

There's more than enough information out there actually if you look and sift through well enough. Keep in mind though that IF you're playing ball at a competitive level, you won't want your muscle-building efforts to interfere with your sport/skill practice.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote