View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #11817
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
You know how I know that nobody should take your opinion seriously? The fact that you didn't think it was poorly edited before reading some other person's opinion, and the fact that you didn't know who Sally Menke was yet claim her absence was tangible.

I'm sick of people saying the editing was bad. I guarantee 99% of them have no film criticism and analysis background, have no opinion on how to edit differently (other than something general like 'make some scenes shorter'), and can't even be bothered to learn the name of his past editor even though they're putting her on some pedestal. Raskin, who edited Django, has worked on Boogie Nights, Punch-Drunk Love, and worked under Menke on Kill Bill 1&2. He's clearly not a hack.

I saw people claiming some of the bounty hunting scenes were too fast and jarring... Oh yeah? Like that couldn't be an auteur choice to edit a scene to make it feel fast and jarring like a gunfight would be?

Did the editing blow me away? No. Were there a few small things I'd change? Sure... But at the end of the day QT had the final decision anyway. The editing was serviceable since you understood the plot, and knew what was going on.

What a bunch of nonsense. My opinion is invalid because I read some other peoples opinions before writing my own? That's a non sequitur if I ever heard one. I would like you to explain why my lack of experience in editing major motion pictures has any bearing on my ability to judge a film. If I think a film was poorly put together that's just what I think.

If you're going to have a movie be this long then everything in it should have a purpose. I didn't say it was all bad but the interesting parts were scattered throughout the film. The dialogue wasn't really that great either. I mean just look at the trailer, "I like the way you die boy". Is this what passes for witty dialogue today? What a bunch of dreck.

Yes I understood the plot but there was just so much gratuitous violence. It's not that it bothers me but why do I want to watch it for a quarter of the film? It's not interesting in the least. It's not creative and it adds no meaning to the film. It's a waste of time. Tarantino needs to grow up.

Last edited by RoseCity07 : 12-28-2012 at 07:17 AM.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote