View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
shaunliv
Fear the beards!

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Los Angeles Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
I'm gonna say OKC. Can't exactly explain why, but that's who I'm rolling with. Guess it's cause of Durant. Nobody on the Clippers can stop him or really even slow him down. The Clips have the better bench, but OKC has Martin coming in giving 17+ consistently.

Actually, the Clippers have had the MOST success defending Durant during his young career. According to DJ Foster (ESPN): ..." the Clippers have had Kevin Durant's number for a while now. In their past nine matchups, Durant is shooting just 40.8 percent from the field and has more turnovers (34) than assists (29)."

Also, your assessment that "Nobody on the Clippers can stop him..." is precisely TRUE. But then again, no ONE player can stop Durant. The Clippers happen to be playing some of the best TEAM defense AND offense. So, although Matt Barnes doesn't have a good chance of guarding Durant one on one, best believe any combination of: Paul, Griffin, Jordan, Butler, Odom, and Bledsoe (for goodness sake, THIS player alone could improve any team's chances on "D") can at least make it difficult for any player to score.

Finally, the Clippers bench is NO JOKE. According to NBA.comís advanced stats tool, the Clipsí bench scores 103.4 points per 100 possessions, a number that would rank tenth among all starting lineups in the NBA, just behind the Houston Rockets (105.2 offensive rating) and Golden State Warriors (104.7 offensive rating). I highly doubt Kevin Martin numbers, nerver mind the impact of the 2nd unit's defense, can compare to these.

They've already beaten Miami, Spurs (twice), Memphis, Chicago (twice), and the Lakers...I vote for LOB CITY and the Tribe Called Bench!

shaunliv is offline   Reply With Quote