View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:17 AM   #359
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Week 17 Discussion Thread

Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are the only true elite QB's in the NFL right now. There's a drop-off to the next group. Every once in awhile Eli will flirt with the "Big 4" but then he'll have a season like this year where his team wins 9 games, his numbers aren't anything special, and they miss the playoffs. Then there's another group of QB's like Roethlisberger, Rivers, Eli, Romo, and Ryan in the next group. I want to put Stafford in there but after this year it's hard to. He ended passing for 4,700 yards but had just 17 TD's against 16 INT, and was really inconsistent and flatout awful at times this year. Cutler also flirts with tier two from time-to-time.

Then there's a group of too early to tell guys like Luck, RGIII, Newton, and Wilson. I wasn't sold on Wilson because the Seahawks have an elite defense and an elite running game (RGIII only has a really good run game and Luck has neither of those things) but he's been too good to ignore the last month or so.

Anyway, point being is that Romo is 33 and pretty much is what he is. You've got a nine season sample size so I don't know if you're going to get anything too drastically different/better from him. Yes, some of it is bad timing, fate, etc., but at the same time one playoff win in nine seasons says something. I do think he gets an unfair shake a lot of years but the whole "not being able to win the big one" moniker has some truth to it.

Last edited by KG215 : 12-31-2012 at 12:19 AM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote