View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:32 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Happy New Year! Laker game tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
LF, for the record, there are a few coaches in the NBA I would prefer over Phil....but of course they are unavailable.
At the time we got 'Antoni, Phil was the obvious choice but I would've been just as happy with Sloan.
B.Shaw, I'm not sold on him, he's too nice and I don't see him being able to crack down on guys. If I was going to go with a newbie then DFish would definitely be my first choice, he has all that you look for in a coach and leader.
Bottom line if not Phil or Sloan, we had absolutely no reason to give more than a 2 year contract....it was idiotic to do otherwise....but hey.....that's Jimmy.

Boring or not.....that half court stuff offense, defense and rebounding wins championships. That flashy crap doesn't.

I woulda loved Sloan too and Im sure you remember me saying that over and over. I was mad that he wasn't even in the list of 3 being considered. I thought that was stupid.

I'll tell you what though, Im really loving what Frank Vogel has done with his Indiana Pacers team. A lot of young and raw talent that he's getting molded into one great team effort every night. Wish we had someone like that. Young, energetic, and smart.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote