View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #29
Rose
Chill Mode

Default Re: Black Monday Thread (Firings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
The extension is irrelevant. He's not making enough money in the next 2 years to justify keeping him around. Schwartz still has a job because the owner doesn't like change and seemingly doesn't care enough to promote a winning attitude. The only coaches who lost their jobs are the coaches who should have kept their jobs. The Special Teams coach is still on board (Idiot who kept Logan on return duty as well as ceding many return td's), the qb coach who doesn't help Stafford with throwing off his back foot, and the offensive coordinator who seems to think that the Lions will be able to establish a good running attack in the first half every god damn game.
Dude just came off a playoff season. The first in forever, yes the locker room is questionable at best. And I agree the special teams coach should be more than gone. But he (Schwartz) should be given another year to right the ship. We lost how many games by 4 points? And I realize alot of those were because someone would get a stupid penalty and mess up a third and long and give them a first, or someone slacked off. That's easy to fix. Losing 8 in a row to end the year is concerning but the Lions problems are fixable internally. I think he should be given next season to see what he should do.

As far as the running game goes, it's a solid philosophy. It's just only the rbs are good occasionally, and it's not like Stafford needs to pass more anyways. Plus with all the wide outs getting hurt, I don't think you can fire any of those guys with good reason. I think injuries hurt us more than even the stupid penalties. Having an already porous secondary starting a high JV team for the first half of the year didn't help.

Last edited by Rose : 01-03-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote