View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #28
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
A year ago Barkley was considered to be a top prospct and a top 10 pick even with Luck and RG3. I don't think he's fallen but rather he just had an unfortunate season where expectations where to big. His stats alone warrant him of being a 1st round pick. I also see how people make the connections between Leinart and Sanchez, former SC QB's, but I think he's different as he has a much better work ethic than Lienart(****er would just party lol) and he's much more polished than Sanchez who only started one season at USC.

The Chiefs have ALWAYS been grabbing veteran QB's to be their QB and have never developed a QB of their own. I think someone posted here not too long ago that a KC hasn't had they have selected won a game for them since 1983.. Cassell, Quinn, Trent Green(good player), Damon Huard, Elvis Grbac, etc, etc..

I'm not saying select Barkley #1 but draft the best QB in the draft at wherever they can get him. If they can move down to #7 and draft him then so be it.

As for the reaching of QB's, it's always the case. Like I said before Cam, Stafford, Rodgers, Ryan, etc, were all considered "reaches" and all of them turned out to be studs. I don't think Barkley is any different and I think he'll be a good QB in this league.

Problem for Barkley is the large number of "projects" in this draft. This season did nothing to separate him from the likes of Smith, Jones, Manuel, Bray, etc. So why not take one of those guys in the 3rd and use your #1 pick on a guy who's going to anchor your offensive or defensive line for 10 years? The odds for success with that pick are higher and you still have a developmental QB in the fold.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote