View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #11871
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I never liked Serpico. The best thing about it is that it lead to It's Always Sunny mocking it a bit. Deer Hunter is another I always found way overrated. I like the rest of those though.
Both of those films I liked specifically because of the acting.

Serpico I think is a good movie that is just not that accessible. Not much happens and there is just a lot of methodical nothingness that makes it frustrating to like. Technically I think its solid and Pacino's acting is the type that you miss as hes gotten older. There was a lot of quiet intensity in his performance. Its too bad that the ending of the movie does leave you with a vacant feeling of frustration.

The Deer Hunter I feel is great when it comes to its cinematography and acting. It has stellar performances by Walkens, DeNiro and Cazale. What I do dislike about it though is its self indulgence. There's a lot in it that isnt needed.. methodical shots and slow paced dialog. It certainly didnt need to last over 3 hours. I think more people would genuinely like it if it wasnt filled with excess, making it a shorter film.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote