Thread: Bistro Rufus
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #152
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bistro Rufus

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
Grilled cheese:

whole wheat bread.
sliced tomato
muenster cheese.

Damned 3 yr old. found the sliced tomato I tried to sneak in there and tossed it off to the side. It's the reason I looked for this thread. Do you have anything in your food library for tomato soup, Rufus(or anyone)? I've found this one already.

Please keep in mind, Level:Easy.
easiest and best tomato soup in the world. Take a bunch of toms (canned is probably better than out of season "fresh" toms), some garlic and onion. Throw in a pot and turn it on. Let it blister the **** out of everything (you can roast in the oven if you prefer), stirring occasionally to get everything nice and roasty. When everything is pretty well roasted, add some EVOO, salt and pepper and herns (oregano or basil work best imo) to taste and maybe some stock (depends on how juicy it is already). Blend in batches and return to pot at low heat. slowly add a little cream or half and half until its the color you want. I like to add a little grated parm as well.

There are of course a million variations on this.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote