View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Looking like Chip Kelly is headed to Cleveland

This was just posted on NFL.com.

Quote:
Chip Kelly, Cleveland Browns very close to deal
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer

The Cleveland Browns just might have their man.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Friday that University of Oregon coach Chip Kelly is close to a deal to become the Browns' next head coach, according to a source informed of his situation.

Kelly met with Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner on Friday, the most recent of several interviews the team conducted this week in Arizona. Kelly has been at the top of the Browns' wish list as a replacement for fired coach Pat Shurmur, and the team has been expected to make a full-court press to land the hottest name on the coaching market.

Kelly also was supposed to meet with the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday, but a person familiar with the interviews told The Associated Press that team is "heading in another direction" because Kelly is close to landing with the Browns. However, the Buffalo Bills announced via Twitter that Kelly also had interviewed for their head-coaching vacancy Friday night.

Known for his innovative offensive approach, Kelly has gone 46-7 as Oregon's coach and is coming off a Thursday win over Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl. He said after the victory that he'd like to have the process of determining his future "wrapped up quickly."

Landing Kelly would be a seismic development for a Browns franchise that has been largely rudderless since re-entering the NFL in 1999. If Cleveland closes the deal, it will stand as a big statement in an AFC North overdue for a shift in power.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-close-to-deal

What say you, ISH? Is this a good hire? I was sort of on the fence about the hire when it was initially rumored, but I'm starting to really come around on the idea.

Apparently, Bill Belichick has been very complimentary of Kelly, even going as far as admitting he has taken several of Kelly's formations and plays and integrated them into his own New England offense.

I don't think the Oregon offense would completely work in the NFL. Obviously, it would have to be tweaked for the pro game. But, I have absolutely no reason to believe he isn't capable of making that adaptation.

Talk about going from one extreme to another... Pat Shurmur was about the most uncreative coach I have ever seen. He was so completely attached to the old-school West Coast Offense, he never deviated from that very structured system.

To go from that to the presumably wide-open, no huddle game that Kelly runs should be interesting. What do you guys think? Is he the right man for the job?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote