View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #293
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
You get any progress since that thread you made a while back? Without further adoo...

With regards to training, time under tension is gonna be your best friend. I other words, the more you can work a muscle at a high intensity (important note), the better your gains will be. In simple terms, aim to get a pump with a heavy weight, and no other exercises lend themselves well to heavy weights like compound movements. A year of rotating deadlifts, squats, overhead presses, pull-ups, bench presses (though I've never actually benched in my life), and rows will do you good. GOOOOOOOD.

When it comes to eating, just eat real food, and it most of your day's intake after your training. I actually made my absolute best gains in size and strength when I got off using whey powders post-workout and just started pounding all the meat, rice, sweet potatoes, fruits, and veggies I could throw down. No need for the extra supplements that may or may not actually work.

Other than that, just get good sleep and do your best to stay stress-free and have an awesome life.

Thanks for the response. What I've been doing is hitting the gym at least 3 times a week or more, starting like this year. I've been doing sets of 3 each muscle workouts, I don't lift though. The planet fitness I go to don't really have weights like that. When I go home I do extra workouts that I can do alone like sit ups, crunches, push ups, etc. I'm curious to know, how long after will I see results? Like 5-6 months? I know 1-4 months I will feel better, feel healthier, but will toning start around 4-6 months+?

And by lifting do you mean barbells? The weights they have there are on machines unless that counts as lifting. I guess that counts then? Sorry, I'm a noob. And you mean the thread I made a long time ago? About buying a home gym? If so my money ran low and I will perhaps make a purchase this year when it gets warmer.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote