View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Any males here have their ears pierced? Would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Hey ISH. I have a few questions. Do you have your ears pierced? When did you get them pierced? Do you regret it? Would you get them pierced? Does it affect you getting a job in the long run?

I'm 20, I never got my ears pierced. But, lately I've been feeling like I should get them pierced. I want them for myself because I want a new look. My family is against that for males, which is half the reason why I never got them done. But, I'm 20 now and I can do what I want.

Curious to know, should I get them pierced, if so, will it leave a MARK on my ear lobe if I do decide to GET RID OF THEM later on? I don't want to leave a permanent mark.

Like I said, I'm debating. Plus, another reason why, is because I believe my girlfriend probably deep down inside wants me to get them done even though she's so called against it. I feel like more girls are into this in males, and perhaps it's just trending? I just want to add a new look on without marks in the long run.

I have both my ear lobes pierced and I have had them pierced for a couple of years now.

You're worrying for nothing, it's your ears and it's no big deal really.

And if you do it in the ear lobes it will not leave a big mark but some heal better than others but in general it's not that obvious. Before moving I played in the swedish basketball league and we went to play in the northern parts of Sweden and you can't play ball with ear rings obviously so I always took them off but I lost them that time. We got back after 3 days and I was lazy and waited for like 4 more days until I got new ones and after 7 days without ear rings my ear lobes had healed too much to get them in. I had to get them pierced again.

Regarding job opportunities, unless you have many piercings and on weird places it will not make a difference when you look for jobs. I have worked part-time during the last 2 summers at a bank and in Sweden every bank employee have a dress code and for males it is shirt, tie and suit and no one ever made any comments regarding my ear rings.

So yeah, ear piercings won't make any difference for you when you go and look for a job and it will unlikely leave a big mark if you decide to take them out.

But for the love of god, don't go and put in ugly fake bling bling and don't use flashy girly ones. I have a couple of different one's but most of the time I use these two;

And these one's but less shiny;

Last edited by millwad : 01-05-2013 at 04:12 PM.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote