View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #294
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Thanks for the response. What I've been doing is hitting the gym at least 3 times a week or more, starting like this year. I've been doing sets of 3 each muscle workouts, I don't lift though. The planet fitness I go to don't really have weights like that. When I go home I do extra workouts that I can do alone like sit ups, crunches, push ups, etc. I'm curious to know, how long after will I see results? Like 5-6 months? I know 1-4 months I will feel better, feel healthier, but will toning start around 4-6 months+?

And by lifting do you mean barbells? The weights they have there are on machines unless that counts as lifting. I guess that counts then? Sorry, I'm a noob. And you mean the thread I made a long time ago? About buying a home gym? If so my money ran low and I will perhaps make a purchase this year when it gets warmer.

Planet Fitness? Is it true they've banned doing Deadlifts at their branches? Ifnso then you need to get the **** outta that place.

Haha Just kidding. Honestly though, I've never trained with machines in my life and don't plan on doing so in the future. They have been shown to cause faulty recruitment patterns in trainees (in other words, they can actually cause bad form once you use barbells and dumbbells because of the fixed posture of the bars/handles) and they take a lot of stabilizer muscles out of your movement which you could get some extra strength from too. Personally, I'd rather do move and look for a gym with olympic bars or start off with bodyweight movements.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote