View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #45
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Default Re: Nick Galis: "Euroleague Scrub" That Scored 50 points In A Game Against Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
He is the only example if you don't consider players like Stojakovic , Gasol , Kirilenko or Petrovic stars , there are players that are playing better in NBA than in Euroleague but aren't considered stars like Pekovic ( I think he is top 5 C and because of that consider him a star but you probably wouldn't agree if I said he is a star ) , Rubio , Dragic etc. and you have players that play just as good in EL and NBA like Shved for example . Spanoulis could play in NBA just as good as in EL ( don't know if that would be good enough to be considered a star ) but unlike Pekovic he doesn't want to wait for a chance while players he's better than are playing .

Stojakovic, Gasol and Kirilenko all came to the NBA very young, years before they reached basketball maturity. Same goes for those lesser players, players who come to the NBA as high prized prospects don't really count. I'm talking about players who are supposed to be in their prime.

So that's a different situation. I'm talking about a guy like Ginobili who was an established superstar in Europe for years before he came to the NBA. The only other guy like that is Petrovic I guess, although the sample size with him is too small.

Pekovich is a question mark at this point, but he might get there also.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote