View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #201
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation hereandgar923 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Tipping at restaurants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
that is true. They have to be paid minimum wage, whereas servers/bartenders do not. Still, when I was in the industry, the servers killed what we made. I made ~15/hour at my last cooking gig and the servers there would generally clear 200-300 per dinner shift. So, here I am, actually making all of the delicious food and walking away with 60-90 a night (depending on the day and what post I was stationed at), while the person who brought them the food made more than 3 times that much? Always made me mad, but I digress.
Customer service is just as and at times more important than the food itself.

Go to review sites and people will praise the food, but stop going to a restaurant based on the service. Then there's restaurants that are just okay, but customer service brings people back.

Shit, I know many people that stopped going to restaurants due to bad service even tho they loved the food there.

I do understand your POV, but they play a huge role in the success of a restaurant.

I tip generally tip well. If the service isn't up to par I pay the minimum, only once have I tipped inappropriately. A server was rude and I wanted to kick his ass, but to make a point I left 50cents as a tip. I tend to get good-great service for the most part, rarely have I received sub par service and if I did, the server was always apologetic. Usually because they were busy and whatnot, so I can understand.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote