View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 AM   #1745
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Not sure taking position coaches and a recruit or two here and there is going to do it. As long as they have Saban and Kirby Smart, they're going to be really, really good. Wish Florida State had kicked Fisher to the curb after Bowden retired and brought Richt back to where he got his start, but I don't really know the whole story there; so Georgia could've brought Smart back to his Alma mater.

And yes, the SEC wasn't that impressive this year at the top. Not as impressive as they've been the last few years. But, at the same time, college football as a whole was down in my opinion. The only non-SEC team I think could give Alabama a run for their money this year is Oregon...maybe Florida State if the good E.J. Manuel showed up.

ya, but it wouldn't hurt.

i agree that as long as saban is there, they'll be highly relevant. guy is an assassin when you give him a couple weeks or more to game plan. so taking nothing away from bama...congrats to them. that's where fans want their program to be. a repeat is some rarefied air.

as far as fsu, i don't even think they'd beat bama on a good day. they are just way too TO prone and the return game was a mess all season. i think they play great for spurts but i stopped truly considering them a contender a little more than half way through the season.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 01-08-2013 at 02:59 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote