View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How do I stop my knee from buckling during a jumpshot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
sounds like you have some muscle imbalances, exactly what I cannot say but those are tell tale signs that you need to strengthen your body (im not talking getting jacked, I'm saying strengthening your weak/support muscles)

In terms of stance, it is simple. Head over shoulders over hips over feet. 10 toes to the hole. Forget feet position for a second. Before feet position comes balance. Without balance you are doomed to have an inconsistent shot. Chances are this is your problem (probably another reason why your legs feel weak under your shot).

Do you do any core work? Try doing a core circuit 2 or 3 times a week for three weeks and see if this problem persists. If it does you probably have deeper issues that need resolving.
Good call, the leg buckling and shaking seemed to hint at something that may go beyond just having a shooting form issue. From the outside looking in, it sounds like a physical problem. I'd be curious to see what that actually looks like during a jump shot attempt.

In my head, I'm picturing one foot pointed at a much sharper angle than the other, thus creating a natural bend in one leg, and a more bowed bend in the other.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 01-09-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote