View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Varejao to undergo surgery Thursday, out 6-8 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
I still disagree, especially what you may call a "nice haul". I wouldn't even be happy with that hypothetical OKC trade that isn't based on anything other than pure conjecture. PJ3 and Lamb? No thanks.

Think of the environmental benefits Andy gives this team. Think of how much coach Scott idolizes Andy. You gotta think his off the court value is extremely high. I think he remains a cav for the next few seasons because the cavs will never ever get a fair value for him.

You want picks? Ship Gibson and/or Casspi off to a contender that needs more 3pt shooting.
Come on, let's be realistic. No one wants Gibson or Casspi. I'm not even sure either of them could make a gameday roster on any of the contenders.

I was a person who was against trading Anderson while he was healthy, but seeing Tristan absolutely blossom in his absence tells me that maybe it is time we hand the keys over TT and let him grow into the position. It is clear he wasn't maximizing his production with Varejao in the lineup.

It is far more important to the future of this team that Thompson develops into a legitimately solid starting player (or more) than anything Varejao may contribute in his 30s on a team which is still a couple years away from contending for the playoffs.

If Varejao and Thompson can find a way to co-exist where they're both playing at a high level at the same time on the same floor, I'm fine with not making a move. But, I don't want to keep Varejao at the detriment of Tristan.

And, Lamb, PJ3 + Toronto's lottery pick is absolutely a "haul."
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote