View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #9
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Hornets Last Two Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
I haven't watched much of NO, but do you think we can credit AD? His +/- numbers and minutes haven't been great the past two nights (given they're shafty measures of individual D; they're superb for lineup optimization though), but I don't have any other way to judge him without having watched the games. If he has looked good, maybe he's on his way to becoming the next great defensive anchor in the league.
That's part of the reason I started this thread. I kind of wanted to know how much of an impact Davis had in the two games. Then I saw his minutes, so I didn't mention it.

I'm kind of itching for another great defensive anchor. I think if Howard gets back to 100%, he can be one for another 5 years or so, but it'd be nice to have another young frontcourt player with defensive anchor potential. Do you think Ibaka has that sort of potential? He's still got a ways to go to get there, but I've been impressed with how much more disciplined he's been this year. He's staying on the floor and not biting for head-fakes as often, and his positional defense has been better than ever before; and of course he's one of the best rim protectors in the league at just 23. I just don't think he can ever get to an "all-time great" level as an anchor.

I think Davis has the instincts and tools to get there, but he's got to get a lot stronger.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote