View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #24
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: According to new study, New Zealand is "most free" country in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I wonder how high America was in these type of ratings about a decade ago. Seems like we have given up a lot of liberty for a little security. Since then we have seen a surveillance state set up and where due process of American can be suspended if they are deemed a threat to national security.
Today 02:23 PM

People seem more concerned about the abuse of power than the abuse of freedom. Both can be dangerous and a balance should be found between freedoms to the people and power of the government to limit the abuses of both.

I'd give up my second amendment right if it meant people would not be able to take advantage of this freedom and use fire arms to harm innocent people.

The only problem is, I'm not sure if that would solve the problem. I'm torn on gun control but I was just using that as an example.

EDIT: Thinking back I probably went a little to far with that statement. To clarify, I believe the right to bear arms should be held by American Citizens, but I would gladly have stricter regulation on owning guns to promote safety.

Last edited by Bano114 : 01-12-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote