View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #25
MMM
877-954-1893

Default Re: According to new study, New Zealand is "most free" country in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
People seem more concerned about the abuse of power than the abuse of freedom. Both can be dangerous and a balance should be found between freedoms to the people and power of the government to limit the abuses of both.

I'd give up my second amendment right if it meant people would not be able to take advantage of this freedom and use fire arms to harm innocent people.

The only problem is, I'm not sure if that would solve the problem. I'm torn on gun control but I was just using that as an example.

EDIT: Thinking back I probably went a little to far with that statement. To clarify, I believe the right to bear arms should be held by American Citizens, but I would gladly have stricter regulation on owning guns to promote safety.

The problem in America is not the 2nd amendment, it is the unhealthy gun culture. The broad interpretation my some of the 2nd amendment doesn't help but overall that both sides can find common ground instead of inflaming the other side. I personally think that some common ground can be found in areas like mental illness, registrations, and stricter regulations. However, the devil would be in the details in such discussions.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote