View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Dark Souls is the greatest game of this generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I can't really disagree. I just started a new game after shelving it for a bit and I've been thinking the same thing. The game design is nearly flawless. The fact that it has a punishing difficulty (relative to other modern games) adds a ton to the atmosphere and tension. I love how they created a connected world rather than just having a hub that you teleport from like in Demons Souls. The only flaw I can think of is that some aspects (upgrading weapons/armor and convenants) are a bit vague unless you read up on them on the internet.

Very true. The game mechanics are a little too ominous and mysterious if you're new. You shouldn't have to go to the internet in order to know what's an upgrade and what's not.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote