View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #73
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
It wouldn't just be 1 loss. It would be 3 losses.

And? You act like it's worse to lose in the SB than it is to even get there. It's incredibly difficult to make it to the SB, but you somehow look at it as a big negative when they lose like it's all the fault of one single player? A QB could play really well, but his team could still lose. I think a big reason why Jim Kelly made it into the HOF so quickly was because he made it to 4 straight SBs, even though they lost all 4.

Quote:
As I said previously. QBs get too much credit for wins, and too much blame for losses. But that's just the way it is.

No, that's the way it is for people who think like that. You don't have to just because others do. I don't think that way and like PT I think it's shame that so many have bought into that line of thinking. The media looks for a scapegoat for every sport, but we don't have to go along with their nonsense.

Quote:
The QB is the extension of the coach on the field. He has the most responsibility of any other player, maybe in any other sport.

Umm, no. It's the single most important position in football, but that's about it. The QB is not out there for defense and he's not out there for STs aside from those that are holders.

Quote:
And I'll throw the question back the other way. If Brady wins one more, why does that make him GOAT?

I'm not the one trying to make a case for him being GOAT. Personally, I think it's too difficult to really pinpoint 1 single QB as the GOAT. I have my own personal pick, but I think there's about 6-7 guys I wouldn't have a big problem with if someone says he's the GOAT. I think some people are looking for some sort of criteria to separate QBs so I think that's why some tend to overvalue SBs and team accomplishments like that.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote