View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #28
bmulls
Great college starter

Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
I said a pistol grip helps with ACCURACY. It helps handle the recoil better.

Call it what you want, guns were created in an effort to make killing whether it be for hunting, defense, etc more efficient. It evolved into a sport. On the other end, a car was made to help transportation.

And since youre so hell bent on equating guns with cars, why are you so adamantly against having firearms as regulated as a car is? Meaning having to register a gun, having to insure a gun, having to report all guns sales?

Driving a vehicle is a PRIVILEGE. The ability to defend ones' self is a CIVIL RIGHT. Anything that adds to the cost of owning a firearm is a tax on CIVIL RIGHTS. A poll tax is illegal because voting is a CIVIL RIGHT. A tax on cigarettes is legal because smoking is a PRIVILEGE.

I support background checks as long as they are free. I do not support registration because I see no need for the government to have a comprehensive registry of law abiding gun owners. Criminals don't register guns. Insurance on a gun is akin to a tax.

Furthermore, the fact that a gun is the most "efficient" murder tool is a moot point. If you ban guns, a knife becomes the new most "efficient" murder tool. The knife murder rate in the UK is nearly double that of the United States. Should they ban knives? And then when you ban knives, baseball bats are the most efficient, then hammers, then whatever else you can fcking think of.

Ridiculously childish argument.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote