View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chappelle's Show turns ten today.

Crazy that it's ten years old. I was an "underground" fan of Chappelle because my brother went to see him up in Grand Rapids in '99 and came back raving. Then I saw Killing Them Softly on HBO and it was a wrap.

That said, I don't remember season 1 being must-see TV for me every week. I laughed when I saw it, but if I missed an episode I was cool. I had a friend who was really into it from the start though and when season 2 hit, he was obviously way ahead of the curve, because that's when Chappelle really blew up.

There's still a ton of random lines from this series that pop up in my every day speech patterns. The reference is most often lost on others now, but I can't really control it at this point.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote