View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #507
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

No, I agree, it's not ideal with how small Paige, Britt, and Berry are. It's just something to think about and similar to what Roy has done in the past. Maybe "always" was the wrong way to put it, but yes, the Miles and Hinrich team. Seems like he had another team like that in the 90's, but one of the PG's might've been more of a combo-guard. We've seen him attempt something similar at UNC with Lawson/Frasor and now Paige/Strickland at times. Obviously Lawson/Frasor was never the most effective or best backcourt option, and Paige/Strickland would be a homeless man's version of both Hinrich/Miles and Lawson/Frasor; but I think in his mind, Roy believes you can never have too many PG's.

I do wish one of the three was at least 6'2" 185 or so. It will be really intriguing to see how he manages the minutes in 2014-2015 with a JR Paige, SO Britt, and FR Berry. Britt may be the odd man out if Berry lives up to his potential. From what I've read/seen/heard he's got the most upside and talent out of the three, and by a pretty good margin.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote