View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Ewing and Okaley going drill sergeant on John Starks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Yes part of it is the games rules but it's also that current stars lack the competitive fire of the Bird's, Magic's, Jordan's, Ewing's, Shaq's etc. The last ones who I see that same fire in are Kobe and KG and they are retiring in the next two years. Now it's a bunch of fake humble nice guys like Rose, Durant, Griffin etc. On the court they may have passion but when I say fire I meant the whole aspect of speaking up etc. Westbrook is fiery on the court but a complete bitch with his buddies on the team and doesn't verbally run that team.

I suppose CP3 is the only younger superstar who's that type of floor general constantly in teammates and opponents ears and wants to rip your throat out too. Most of these current stars though rarely talk, never get into teammates etc. Lebron and Wade are best friends so it's a bit different. It's much easier to rip a close buddy who was the best man at your wedding than it is the general teammate.

there is so much wrong with what you just said it is even difficult to comprehend the point you are getting at.

"Competitive fire" has nothing to do with how demonstrative you are with your emotions on the court, but how you respond to fierce competition. There are a plethora of ways in which this manifests itself in a basketball game and you only used examples that would help your argument. I can name tons of dudes who are just as competitive, maybe even more, who don't outwardly show their emotions or belittle their teammates. If you think that's what competitive fire is, then you've obviously never played organized sports.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote