View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #31
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Is The Center Position Dead/Going to Die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
I'm pretty sure Chandler was projected to play the 4. He was thought to be a KG clone at draft-time was drafted the same year that the Bulls picked Curry to be their 5 of the future. He was moved over to the 4 because the Bulls discovered that he had no range or handles. Here goes his pre-draft profile from nbadraft.net >>> http://www.nbadraft.net/players/tyson-chandler

And I think you are the one that is off about the quality of the center position in the late 90s to early 2000s. Besides Shaq, Vlade, young Yao, Brad Miller, and Ben Wallace the center position was absolutely horrible.

I don't know how I'm wrong, as the impression I got was that you don't think the center position was as bad back then as people said...I argued that it wasn't any good. I also argued that none of those guys moved to the 4 to avoid O'Neal.

The only thing I see in that draft profile is that he wants to play like Garnett. Everybody wanted to play like Garnett. I don't see that as trying to avoid Shaq or being projected to play the 4. I saw that draft almost 2 years ago and I saw both him and Curry interviewed. It was clear that Chandler would be playing the 5 and Curry would be playing the 4 and that's exactly what happened.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote