View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Can someone explain to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshaveacorona
Im not looking to bag on anyones comments as everyone has their opinion. But man im tired of hearing about ways to lose and reasons to lose. F*ck that you think the players are in their talking about hey guys lets lose a few games so that we can have a shot at Andrew Wiggins? These guys are balling right not. Davis and Amir are ballin there asses off. Demar is steppin up. Anderson is beasting this dude can ball. Calderon diddo. And thats that we got a stud center sitting on the bench and 7ft 1st round trade bait too.

Anyways have to get that off my chest cuz i read a commnent about winning culture.

I have to say you dont build a winning culture by losing. And you dont become a playoff type team or one that makes the finals without first having made the playoffs first round exit or not. I just want to see this team in the playoffs again please. Chicago was first round fodder for years before they put it together. Philidelphia diddo. Indiana wasnt a powerhouse ala oklahoma overnight. LA Clippers has some growing pains and traded for oe player that made them great, Chris Paul. Memphis signed Randolph as a free agent that put them up there. If you win players will sign here bottom line.
But what's the common factor in almost all those teams you mentioned? Top-tier talent. Rose and Paul are superstars. Then you look at Memphis and Gasol and Randolph are probably better than anyone on the Raptors. The best way to get top talent for a team like the Raptors is through the draft. Also not giving out stupid contracts to should-be-bench-players (Bargnani, Derozan, Fields, Kleiza) would help too.

Indiana and Philly? I wouldn't want the Raptors to aim to be like them. IMO, both of those teams are going top out as "2nd round at best" teams. I want the Raptors to be a legit conference contender at some point. That has happened only once in the entire existence of the Raptors.

Which of the long-term players on this team looks like they could start on a legitmately good playoff team? I'm a fan of Valanciunas' potential so maybe him. Lowry could but he's in his prime right now and on the verge of a big contract. Because I think the Raptors should be rebuilding, I'm not sure Lowry is a fit. When (if?) the Raptors become anything relevant, he likely won't be a big part of that.

How did those 1st round exits with Bosh build a "winning atmosphere" for the young players at that time? How did that positively affect say, Bargnani? It didn't. Making the playoffs doesn't mean a damn thing unless you actually get somewhere once you're there. Free agents aren't going to start considering the Raptors simply because they made the 1st round a couple times. That is not a winning atmosphere.

Also, players and coaches don't tank. The management does. When the goal of the management is to build a perpetually mediocre team, fans should be outraged.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 01-25-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote