View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #16
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Can someone explain to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshaveacorona
Are the Raptors missing that 1a type guy, Sure they are but it doesnt mean they dont have a good team. And at the current pace I wouldnt bet on that type player coming from the draft. So maybe we can all throw out what if this. or what if that. The reality is that player will more than likely have to come via trade i.e someones overpaid player (Gay), unhappy player (Chris Paul traded to clippers from New Orleans) & (vince carter traded for golfballs to New jersey by toronto), Bad attitude player (zach randolph traded to Memphis from Clippers for Quentin Richardson), new managment direction player no longer needed ( Pau Gasol when he played for Memphis and was traded to LA) & (Kevin garnett traded to Celtics from Minnesota) or the riskier expiring deal contract (carmelo anthony traded to new york from Denver) ill stop here.

I know my hoops bro. At this point Its way more realistic that we trade for a stud then we draft one. Sorry bro otherwise you have good points on just not with you on blowing this thing up and hoping we can repeat what oklahoma did(once in a lifetime draft super team) and get Durant, westrook, ibaka, harden. Not gonna happen again for a long time bro.
Sure I'm down for trading for that "missing piece". Someone who could be your 2nd best player or, maybe, a top player like a Chris Paul. But to do that you need assets and room to fit that kind of contract in. The Raptors don't have either. With the recent contracts given out, the cap-room piece doesn't look very promising for the near future either. This roster has been so badly mismanaged ever since Colangelo took over. This is not a team that is being built to be a contender to add that kind of a piece. Everything I've seen from the Raptors screams "We're happy to get to mediocrity and stay there."

The Derozan extension (which kills any trade value he might've had) combined with the drafting of Ross and then signing Fields were absolutely mind-boggling. I don't even see what type of "plan" would involve making those moves.

I'm not advocating waiting for a Lebron and not stopping until you get one. That's totally unreasonable. But hit on say two top 5 picks and that could be the start of a great core (along with Valanciunas). Get a legit promising core going that will reach their primes and be up for contract extenions at around the same time. In today's NBA, when you draft a good player you basically have them for the first 6-7 years of their careers thanks to the way the CBA is structured. That is a big enough window to build a winner and establish that magical "winning atmosphere" as long as you have competent management.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 01-25-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote