View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #26
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bargnani trade proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
If BC can convince Josh Smith to sign here without signing a contract with a term of 5 years and weekly salary of less than 14 million I let BC stay. Otherwise the only contract that he'd sign would be 5 years 20 million per.
And to add to that, even a max contract offer wouldn't be a guarantee that he would stay here considering there's other places he'd want to go and other teams that would give him the same.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...m-a-max-player
Quote:
He's just 27 and has put together three consecutive seasons of high-level basketball. He's definitely set for a payday. What kind of payday? Well, if you ask Smith, the highest kind.

“I feel like I'm a max player,” Smith said, via The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I feel I bring a lot to the table. I have a lot of versatility. For what I do and what I give this ballclub, I feel like I'm worth it.”

The obvious question is if other league executives feel the same way about Smith. Knowing the NBA, someone probably does.

A max for Smith would be five years and close to $94 million. Which is almost as much as Johnson got, a move the Hawks seemed to regret almost the moment after they inked him.

Smith was asked about that, too, the Hawks having an unfortunate history with max deals.

“There shouldn't be any hesitation. I'm Josh Smith; I'm not anybody else. I'm not Michael Jordan. I'm not LeBron James. I'm not Brook Lopez. I'm Josh Smith. You can't look at what might've happened with another person. Let's say Joe. You can't say, ‘I'm skeptical of giving another person that' because of whatever they feel like happened."
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote