View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #29
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jets open to trading Revis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Knickballer football isnt madden 2012.... all the stuff you talking about doesnt happen in one offseason. The jets are about 39 mill over the cap... This team has no depth currently so if they cut all these players they have to be replaced by someone... There isnt one or 2 moves that can be done. This is a total turnover it will take a minimum of 2 years.

The next thing you have to understand that the Jets dont draft well in the Rex/Tannembaum era. I hope things change.

Your logic just doesnt work in a hard salary cap situation. The Jets should dump Revis for anything they can just to get rid of that money. Sanchez will be gone after next season.

You cant just say pick up this guy or trade for this guy we are OVER the cap.

None of my moves were madden like scenarios.. All were realistic cuts and potential signings.

The jets are currently 22mil under the cap and I don't know where you got the 36mil figure from.

Here's a list of the jets salary cap situation
http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary13.html

There's some obvious players that if cut/traded they would free up tons of cap for the Jets and the Jets don't lose any talent by getting rid of them. Players like Sanchez, Jason Smith, Pace, Scott, Eric Smith, Tebow, etc. I don't think you realize how much cap that frees up right there(something around 30-40mil).. Someone lake Sanchez would have to be traded and it would be interesting to see if a team bites if NY offers a 3rd rounder for a team to eat his contract up.

That's where the cap space will be generated. I don't think the Jets should go rebuild mode because they do have some good players and some things to work with. The NFL is a parity league where teams can rise from the ashes any season.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote